Tuesday 6 June 2017

Back from the dead

When my second baby was 2 years old I started this blog. It was there through some hard times, Some fun times, some happy and some sad times.
Then 4 years ago, I disappeared. 
Don't ask me where or why because I'm not really sure but over time I've thought about coming back and reminding my old friend I'm still here but life and all its joys have been in my way. 
So what's been happening in the last 4 years?
2012 - Steve and I separated.
2013 - Jessie was diagnosed with chiari
2014 - I met a new man, Jessie had brain surgery, I started my registered nursing degree then found out at the end of the year I was pregnant (YES! I totally died of shock at that! Hahaha) a week after we moved in with my parents... yup, they died of shock too! Hahaha 
2015 - The man who shall not be named ended up being the dirtbag who lied, cheated, stole then left me without a backwards glance at 13 weeks pregnant. I've never heard from him again and I'm much stronger from the experience. Understandably, he's not someone I often really about it think about any more because I don't need that negativity to hold me back. 
Then in July 2015, Phoenix Orion was born. 
My gorgeous boy was the missing puzzle piece I never knew I was missing. He had bought so much sunshine and life into our family and I'm so grateful every day he is here. I'd like to imagine eventually he'll sleep in his own bed and stay there all through the night but for now I cherish the midnight snuggles and the early morning eye jabs because he is my last! Hahaha 
2016 - Jessie had a bad case of glandular fever that saw her in hospital for 2 days and then Hamish had surgery on a chronically ingrown toenail. Between that and 8 weeks of hospital pracs, I got my hospital fixes well and truly! Hahaha 
2017 - And now we are here! My final year of my degree, smooth sailing so far this year! Phoenix is due to have grommets in and adenoids out in a week, right in the middle of exam week but my life if nothing else is not boring! Hahaha 

The kids are all doing really well, Jessie is 16 and in year 11. She is currently leaning to drive and enjoying the paycheck with a weekend job at a local function centre. 
Hamish is 13 and in year 8. Playing baseball in the summer and softball in the winter (crazy me is coaching his under 16s team this year!) and being a generally grotty boy! Hahaha 
Makenzie is 10 and in year 5. She's also doing softball in the winter plus teeball and machine pitch baseball in the summer but her true love is performing. She does performance class and shines in stage singing and dancing at dance comps and performance nights. 
Phoenix is 22 months and a terror at times but an angel at others! Hahaha He is very stubborn and independent but loves his mum time (usually demanding it while I try and study! Hahaha).
And as for me, I'm down on friends and definitely not interested in a relationship but for the first time in my life I'm really happy at where I am and who I am so overall, life is good!
Photos will come soon, when I figure out how and I'm hoping to be beck again soon as well because I'm enjoying taking time to think on what I want to say even if no one ever reads it! Hahaha 

No comments: