Monday 17 January 2011

Who would have thunk it?!

Hi there!!!
Welcome to my blog for 2011! If the last 17 days are anything to go by, looks like my blogging habits will not look any different to last year! hehehe Oops!
BUT, if today alone is anything to go by weird things are happening in my world so anything is possible!

So, I could bore you with a whole pile of 'me' related rubbish that I haven't bothered writing about for the last two months or I could just get on and tell you about the weird things! LMAO

Anyone who has been reading my blog for a while or who knows me in real life knows all about my music loves and addictions, at best it could be called eclectic, at worst absolute crap taste (Usually said by Steve when I make him listen to "Just one more..." in my current obsession). Basically...I love music, if it has really good lyrics that get me I am bound to fall in love and be found humming it at 3am when I can't sleep (The joys of the broken brain and a music obsession! LOL)
As you can tell from my mini-series of posts about discoveries in music (that never made it past the first one), I love all things Country, Sugarland is at the top of the Country list for me but most anything Country will get me in.

On the top of my DO NOT like list (Which used to be large and has gotten scarily small) is AC/DC and followed on from that pretty much everyone Steve loves: Kiss, Cream, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin....blah, blah, blah....

Yeah...and?! I can hear you think. Well, this is where things start getting a little bit strange...

Today, the kids, my sister and I went in to the city and when we came home the kids were watching a movie while I was messing about on the internet. As I am a big country fan, I was talking to my uncle last night and Allison Krauss (Bluegrass/country singer for those playing at home ;-) ) and how she had made an album a couple of years ago with Robert Plant (Lead singer of Led Zeppelin, if your still playing :-P ) that was really good and blew me away.(As a semi-interesting side-note to this story, Makenzie got her middle name (Paige) from Led Zeppelin's guitarist Jimmy Page) So, today while I was faffing on the net, I remembered the conversation last night and it reminded me that I still hadn't bought the album yet so I jumped onto itunes and bought the album (Called Raising Sand if you are wondering! LOL) then the genius recommendation thingo  told me I might also like Robert Plant's "essentials set" of songs that he has made between Led Zeppelin breaking up and now.

Sooooooo, I went and had a little listen of this album and ended up downloading that too, turned out I really like Robert Plant! So, then I thought maybe I need to have a little listen to his earlier stuff (Yes, I am talking about Led Zeppelin stuff, do you see where I am going with this yet?!) which then ended up with me on the phone to Steve super excited at this latest music discovery. I have now just spent the last 3 hours copying all of Led Zeppelin's albums from our external hard drive as well as Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Cream AND even 1 (Yeah, just one am not that crazy yet! LOL) AC/DC song!

And that concludes the longest apology to Steve post ever I think! LOL I feel like such a dumb head that I have blocked his music for so long thinking it was all crap because I don't like most of AC/DC's stuff when i could have been in an even bigger music heaven than I already am in! hehe Sorry Steve, you were right (Mostly) and I was wrong!

Will be back some time in the not to distant future to do the aforementioned "me" rubbish but for now I am off to listen to music in bed with a book :)

Mel

No comments: