Monday 22 November 2010

Me and my music

Okay, so some more thinking...
I think there is only one way to get back to me and my blog being good friends again and that is by me visiting. If I don't visit here my blog doesn't get updated and then I start losing touch with it. So, I am going to aim to blog once a week, not promising it will be the most brilliant, awe-inspired posts ever but I think it is important to unload my brain, no matter how many friends or acquaintances I am acquiring. There is still very few people in my life who know about "the big sick" and all the issues I have been fighting with over the last year so I think it is not fair for me to turn my back on the one thing that helped me through.
SOOOOOO, here I am, ready to dribble :P

Anyone who knows me IRL or is a long time reader here, probably knows about my "eclectic" taste in music. I have an iphone packed with 1000 of my favourite songs and the range from The Beatles to Susan Boyle (Yes, really!) from Michael Bolton to The John Butler Trio and everything in between.
This month I have made 3 "new" music discoveries.
One is a band I have been listing to for 3 or so year but they just bought out a new CD and I am in love.
It is Sugarland, their new album is "Incredible Machine" and truly, if you even semi like country music, it is worth a listen!
This is the title track from that album, Incredible Machine, I love this film clip too, it is so "steampunky" (Which I am just starting to appreciate), the lyrics always make you think and the singing is awesome!




I will be back later with the other two, I have a few phone calls to make this morning so have to run but had to share :)
Mel

No comments: