Thursday 31 March 2011

Get this girl her own show..stat!

Miss M, has suddenly discovered the joys of the human voice, more particularly...her own human voice! So, last night, while we all sat at the table eating dinner (KFC because I have a cold and Hamish had his first rugby trainign of the season so dinner was a mere afterthought! hehe) Jessie ask Dad for an Original Recipe. He gave her the recipe fore scones, which I said was not original...blah, blah, blah...as you can imagine riveting conversations followed...
ANYWAYS....long story short, after a lot of chatter Makenzie piped up with "I know an original recipe!" MMMM, this coulld be fun..."Okay, go on" I said"
"First, you need Broccoli" M said "Then, Eggs"
"Next, you need Milk..." Long pause for dramatic effect, finger tapping on chin "Then Cheese"
"And last...Did I say Broccoli?" She asked
"You did" I replied
"Well, you need more...3 times!" She stared at me rather intently, I presume to make sure I was writing all the details down in my head.
"Right, so when do you do with all the stuff then?" I asked
"You need to call them the ingredients!" Kenz rolled her eyes as she said this and I began to wonder when exactly my 3 year old turned 12.
"Okay, so what do you do with the ingredients?" I corrected
"You put in the first broccoli, the milk, the eggs, the second broccoli, the cheese and then the 3rd broccoli and stir"
"MMM, sounds yummy so far" I commented "Then what happens?"
"You cook it!" She squealed
"But how?"
"MMM, in the oven...for 4..." M replied
"4 what?" I asked
"4 minutes....no, 4 hours" She said "And theeeeeennnnnnnnnn.........................It's done!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
She was so proud of her "original recipe" and beamed at everyone at the table one by one, while we all tried to keep from giggling at her and her expressions.
 I really need to start videotaping her because she is growing way to quick, in just over a month, she will be 4 and Hamish will be 7! Crazy right?!
Anyways, that's all for now, will be back soon when I have more details about the competition but don't forget to follow :)
Mel

No comments: