Thursday 14 June 2012

ANOTHER ONE THAT IS HALF DONE, I AM WORKING ON AN UPDATE FOR THE LAST YEAR SO THIS WILL HAVE TO SUFFICE IN THE MEAN TIME ;)


Hi there...
Soooooooo, it's been just over 10 weeks since we got the keys to the new house and as you can see from my sorely neglected blog I have been flat out!
We have been officially in for just on a month and life if moving along swimmingly :)
Not to brag or anything but I am so in love with our house, it is so good to finally have space and storage and room to move...but it turns out it all comes at a price. Since moving in I have been some kind of Suzy Homemaker, freshly squeezed juice and all, but apparently the shine of that role wore of quickly because last week I decided it was high time I got a job. Makenzie is at school 2 days a week and I am finding have such a huge house when it's empty and clean and sparkly gets kind of boring...especially with no tv reception, home phone and limited internet.
So, like all of my whims, I  went for it fully...for about 10.5 minutes, sending out my recently made resume to about 15 companies who were advertising (Including one photography studio ~Insert vomit sounds here~) and then got bored so moved on to something else (Most probably Facebook I'd imagine) and thought nothing more of it.
Two days later I got a text message saying "Thank you for your application to X, if you are still interested in a position please call Y by 3pm today or Monday morning" Of course it just happens to be 3:25 when I get the message (Love my iPhone, quirks and all...right?!) so I have to wait all the way through the weekend before I can call.
Monday morning I dash to Mum and Dad's to use their phone (Another quirk of my iPhone is it likes to shut down after 5 minutes of being on the phone so important call now need to be made at Mums) and call Y back. Have a phone interview with him and at the end he says "We only have 3 more positions to fill and the last of the interviews are tomorrow morning, will that work for you?"
"Sure" I say, while inside my head I am going "Oh crap, I need to get my roots touched up, eyebrows waxed, clothes sorted etc...No way I can do that!"
I had to fill out a psych test and things online, which was kind of cool to actually use my brain a bit, before the interview but I managed to get everything sorted and was organised for the morning.
Went into the interview, which went really well from what I could tell, and after the 2 hour interview was over I left feeling proud to have survived my first interview in 12 year but not really caring either way if I got the job or not.
30 minutes after I walked out I get a call from Y, who works in Sydney as the company's recuitment manager, to tell me they loved me and just needed to ring my referees to make sure all was good at that end and they would get back to me soon.
Yesterday (The day after the interview) I get a phone call from my new manager :D to say I got the job and training starts on the 8th of August! I am still a little in shock at how quickly it all happened!!!

No comments: